WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5TH 2016 6-9PM
AT THE BAY CLUB
Port Ludlow Village Council is pleased to announce a candidate forum with the following:
JEFFERSON COUNTY PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT BOARD
What does a PUD commissioner do?
- Manage the annual budget
- Set electric and water rates
- Determine program priorities (e.g. conservation & renewable energy)
- Adopt plans for the future (e.g. how to address climate change)
- Serves 6-year term, every 2 years one position is up for election
JEFFERSON COUNTY COMMISSIONER
What does a County Commissioner do?
- Budgeting and appropriation of funds for all county activities, including law enforcement and emergency preparedness
- Building & maintaining county roads
- Construction & maintenance of public buildings
- Setting tax levies, auditing officers having control of county monies
- Making & enforcing civil and criminal resolutions and ordinances, and prosecuting & defending all actions for and against the county
- Serves 4 year term which are staggered for three commissioners
This is a great interactive opportunity to get to know these candidates. You are cordially invited to attend and participate. Candidates will give 5-minute opening statements. Moderator will ask them questions you have provided. Let’s ask interesting questions to gain insight into their candidacy.